Friday, November 4, 2016

First Email!

We got our first email last night.! I can't promise that I will publish all of the ones that he sends to just us.  But it was so nice to hear from him.  He will probably send out a group email beginning next week.  But as you will see he didn't get a lot of free time yesterday.

Hej Hej! 
       The MTC is great!  Learning Swedish is a lot of work, but there is a great
spirit here.  My MTC Companion is Elder Beveridge, (yes like a drink).  We have a great district with 10 Swedish elders and a solo sister, and then we have 2 Norwegian elders as well.  By the way Dad, there is an Elder Berlin here, his Dad also served in Frankfurt, but neither of us know if you two overlapped.  (Sorry if this is email is scatterbrained, I only have 15 minutes to write and the days are long here, they aren't kidding when they say the days are weeks and the weeks are days)  I am also supposed to remind you about Dear Elder if you want me to get letters throughout the week.  Our Preparation Days are Thursdays so anticipate my emails then.  I am still trying to get the hang of the schedule here but it's getting easier already.  Tomorrow we are already supposed to teach a lesson in Swedish so that's going to be... interesting, to say the least.   
Love you guys, I'll be sure to email next week. 
-Elder Ashford
 A note: DearElder is a website that allows you to send letters to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) for free.   They can also arrange package delivery from local places in Provo, I think.

I had forgotten about it and sent him a letter last night.  They print out and deliver the mail daily to the MTC if you get it there before noon (MST) I think it will make it the same day (Monday-Friday)!

Just be sure to follow the instructions to enter his mission as Provo MTC for now.  His address can be found on the right side bar of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment