Monday, September 3, 2018

Week 96

Today might be kind of short, woke up with a sick stomach so we shall see how much makes it in.

On Monday I finished the Book of Mormon again! That makes the 3rd time front to back on my mission. I learn stuff from it every single time. I am so thankful for the blessing it has been in my life and how it has helped me grow and strengthen my testimony as well as help me answer life's questions and face life's trials. 

Tuesday was kind of a tough day with doing a lot of finding that didn't really seem to go anywhere but it ended well with a great lesson with Juhani about prayer. 

Wednesday was interesting. We went to the train station where we met the Uppsala elders so they could give us materials for the new Book of Mormon initiative this week in Europe! We also ran into our young men's president which was funny. Right after the Uppsala elders left then the Borlänge Elders arrived for exchanges. Elder Peterson and I stayed in Gävle. We helped out at RIA again and met with Ulrika. We even had time to go finding with the new initiative calendars and it was super awesome. The initiative has been really great. There is a question for every day to ponder and a selected scripture passage from The Book of Mormon that relates to the question. I will put the link below and I highly recommend it. It has really strengthened my testimony and I have learned a lot in just the first 3 days. 


Thursday Elder Petersen and I ran Late to District Council because our train got delayed by an hour. So that was an adventure. That night we also had another awesome lesson with Juhani, he is making progress and it is wonderful to see! 

On Friday we were running late to a lesson, we got on our bikes, but it had rained the night before. I hit this wooden bridge and started to slide and in the process popped my tire. So that was rather difficult. We were able to swing by a few people later though, and we got some lessons set up for this next week so it should be awesome!

Saturday I started the Book of Mormon Challenge, and it's was great. Definitely one of my better personal studies. the first question asked "does God exist?" As I read I gained a greater testimony of God and his love, especially as I continue to ponder what I read. We went on a ministering visit and we're able to meet someone who's been going through a hard time. With our Branch Mission leader we were able to give her a blessing and it really seemed to help. We also had a member come with to visit Juhani and the lesson went great again! The spirit was there and we even helped him start the Book of Mormon challenge. 

Sunday Juhani came to church and seemed to fit right in. He even offered to help out with an upcoming move. After church we had an interesting experience. We were on our way to dinner yesterday with some members. However the bus we got on came late so we missed the other bus we needed to take so now we were stuck for about 40 minutes. My companion suggested that we hop off early and swing by a few people and so we got off. As we are crossing the street this young man who got off at the same time is also crossing so Elder Balls starts talking to him. The conversation quickly moves past the usual introduction so we keep walking with him and explain what we do. He does not actively follow any religion but feels like there must be something. We were able to trade numbers and then walk back to stan and caught our next bus. 

I wish you all a wonderful week! 

--Elder Ashford


No comments:

Post a Comment