Sunday, April 23, 2017

Week 23 - Spring!

To start with for those of you who were worried, yes, I am okay.
No missionaries were hurt last week in Stockholm and I was on the other side of the country.  It's sad what happened but at the very least I know that all the missionaries are fine.

Now that we got that out of the way we can talk about the rest of the week.

We watched the last session of General Conference on Tuesday and it was amazing!  We hadn't gotten to see it yet so we had to watch it online and I loved it.  There was a really strong connection to missionary work and I kept feeling like a lot of what they were talking about was applicable to me and what we do in inviting others to come closer to Christ.

Wednesday we went on exchanges with the Halmstad Elders so I went up to Halmstad for the day and it was a lot of fun.  We had about 4 lessons that day so we were busy.

Thursday I came back to Helsingborg and Äldste Stapley and I started our weekly planning.  I had kind of been struggling for a while because I felt like nothing was happening in the work and I didn't know what to do and I was frustrated.  In the mission a big phrase is Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts.  I talked with Elder Stapley and realized that I was too focused on results and Elder Stapley reminded me that the missionary purpose begins with "Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ".  Unfortunately we can't decide for others and our job is simply to invite and teach as much as we can.  I felt better and it was a much needed change in perspective.  There are things we can't control and so our job is simply to do what is within our control and accept that we did our part.  We can't take credit or blame ourselves that which we don't control or understand.  As I realized this I felt like a big weight was taken off my shoulders and I felt a lot better.  Later that night we then traveled to Göteborg and spent the night with the Zone leaders.  It was a lot of fun and one of them, Äldste Benson, was the one who trained my MTC companion, Aldste Beveridge!  So that was fun.

Friday we had the zone conference all day and it was a lot of fun and we talked a lot about seizing the day!  We only have so much time or so many opportunities so we need to grab them while we can.

Proof he was safe on the day of the attack in Stockholm sent by a local member.

Saturday we had a lesson in the morning but Äldste Stapley got sick.  We stayed in the apartment most of the day so that he could get over it but we made the most of it, trying to call people and organize paperwork. 

Sunday Elder Stapley was feeling better and I managed to not get sick so we had a great day at church.  We had dinner with the Bishop's family which was fun and we had a great time with them.  We watched the Easter initiative video and talked about peace and how we can find it through Christ and how we can share it with others it was great!

Overall it's been a great week and I love this mission and the opportunity I have to share the Joy of the Gospel with others.  Have a great week and happy Easter!

PS the pictures are of the spring here in Sweden.  There are flowers everywhere and it's awesome!



No comments:

Post a Comment