Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 11 - Weak Things Become Strong


This week was not as eventful for the most part as weeks past but here goes...

Monday was P-day.  We actually had dinner with a member family.  The dad is from the US so they made us enchiladas which was awesome!  (It's kind of hard to get Mexican food here.)

Tuesday there was not a lot that happened.

Wednesday was windy Wednesday.  Most of the south got some heavy winds and further south of us was so bad that I think 3 trains had issues so trains couldn't get through and I think Malmö for a time didn't let any trains out of the station.  It wasn't as bad in Landskrona but we tried to go contacting and there was nobody out there so we gave up on that pretty fast.  I doubt anyone would have wanted to stay and talk with us anyways... if they could even hear us.  We had a lesson with an investigator but he liked to talk and it was hard to really teach him anything.  It was really frustrating for me to deal with.  Swedes seem to be happy to talk to you but for the most part are kind of content with their lives and don't want to change.  It has definitely taken some getting used to.  The title for this week comes from Ether 12:27 and it talks about how if we are humble and come to God, he will strengthen us where we are weak.  It was a good reminder for me and a good opportunity to learn patience and diligence.  Unfortunately I can't make decisions for others, they have to choose the Gospel for themselves, so I need to do everything that I can and not feel so bad if others choose not to.  It's a great reminder of how God gave us agency and the ability to choose.
Ether 12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.
I give unto men weakness that they may be humble;
and my grace is sufficient for all men
that humble themselves before me;
for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me,
then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
Friday we met with an older lady from the ward.  We gave her a lesson and the sacrament and it was a lot of fun.  She is always very funny and I love visiting her.  We also had an appointment with an investigator... except he didn't show up.  As we went back to the apartment however, we got a call from a less active in the ward who teaches with the missionaries on and off asking if we could meet.  Since we had a sudden opening we accepted and we met and talked.  He actually told us about some old investigators who could be interested in being taught again so we made some calls and actually set up an appointment with one right then and there!  It was awesome!  While it was unfortunate that our one appointment fell through it was awesome to see how we were ready for this opportunity.  I don't really believe it was a coincidence, I think God may have had a guiding hand in it.  What a miracle.

Saturday we did a lot of contacting and had an awesome lesson with a less active family about the restoration.  We watched the twenty minute video called (believe it or not) 'The Restoration'  and then talked about it.  The spirit was there and the family loved it.


Sunday we had church and we actually spent time testing the translation equipment (some of the units needed batteries) because some of them were not working last week.  We also had a really good meal with a member family with rice and stew.

Today we actually went bowling which was a lot of fun. 

 We also walked around Helsingborg and took some pictures. 
My camera actually worked this time! 

I'll be sure to send some of them but warning: it might take a few emails.
(Mom's note: it took 2 additional emails.)


Hallå, Denmark!


    




No comments:

Post a Comment